Underwater photography is one of the most popular diving specialties and the rise of digital underwater photography has made it easier and more fun than ever. With the advent of the digital cameras the underwater world has never been more accessible as you are no longer limited to 36 photos per dive. The PADI Digital Underwater Photographer course gets you going quickly with todays modern digital equipment, your PADI instructor will teach you the best ways to take you photographs. We explain exposure, white balance, when if you should use the flash and how to angle the camera.
This one day course starts at 7.00am with pick up from you hotel (Lamai), with a short drive to the pier to Bophut or Bangrak. The boat leaves at 8.00am to Koh Tao or Sail Rock and we return to Koh Samui 2.00pm (Sail Rock) 4.00pm (Koh Tao).
The 2 day course gets you more involved with the workings of the camera, your PADI instructor will explain to you aperture and depth of field, getting the right exposure and shutter speeds.
Through hands-on training during two scuba dives and guidance from your PADI Professional, you’ll discover:
- How to choose the right underwater camera system for you.
- The PADI SEA (Shoot, Examine, Adjust) method for getting great shots quickly.
- Principles for good composition of underwater images.
- Practical techniques to take great photos with your digital camera.
Included in the price
- The PADI digital underwater manual and certification card
- any scuba equipment needed for the dive
- and your PADI Specialty Instructor.
Only 7,500 Thai Baht (One Day Course)
Only 9,500 Thai Baht (Two Day Course)
Minimum age 10 years
PADI Open Water Diver or qualifying rating from another organization.